December Poem

I never write poetry, but I tried my hand at rhyming couplets.... bear with me:


All I do is think of you,
And how you aren't here.
Every second hurts, what more can I do?
Come back to me and take away this fear.

Like plunging into icy water,
I can't come up for air.
Without you here nothing seems to matter,
I am part of an incomplete pair.

Tears sting my eyes.
I miss you so,
I cannot hide my pitiful cries.
But soon you will be back I know.

You are all that I want,
You're everything I could ever need.
Ahead I see no détente,
This love was built to succeed.

I don't know how I ever lived without you.
Days seemed to be shorter,
I never knew what to do.
My life was so much bleaker.

Until you came into my life,
And everything changed.
One day I want to be your wife,
With you I'm constantly amazed.

How did we ever live before?
My lips have never kissed like this,
Always opening another new door,
A feeling that I refuse to dismiss.

You are all that I want,
You're everything I could ever need.
Ahead I see no détente,
This love was built to succeed.

Patiently I will wait for you,
Soon you'll be mine again.
My days will have a brighter hue,
I'm holding my breath until then. 

0 comments: