“We’ve done it, we’ve finally eliminated the media bias,” Presidential Monarch Cleary proclaims flatly on my internal screen. Microsoft and Windows have merged, marking the eighth time in as many years that two conglomerate giants have joined forces to create something bigger, and most likely more dangerous and evil. Great, self-reporting media. I can see the crowds of picketers from here, taking up yet another daily cross to fulfill their meaningless lives now that the human element in their line of work is no longer a part of the equation.
I stop listening, looking down on what I imagine was once a beautiful park. Imagination is really all we can resort to these days, without much of a trace of reality left in our dreary lives. No, I take that back. Virtual projections of what lies within our over-active brains takes the place of imagination and dead images right in front of our very eyes.
The haze lifts up to my modest apartment window on the thirty-seventh floor, or are those heat sizzles? Continued carbon dioxide and monoxide emissions over the decades have destroyed nearly all of the landscape. Without breaking my gaze hundreds of feet below, the teleconference screen draws itself back up into my ceiling. Google has next focused its attention to taking over the world of journalism, compiling online updates into hourly stories, which fly to the forefront of our internal news conference sections.
I stop listening, looking down on what I imagine was once a beautiful park. Imagination is really all we can resort to these days, without much of a trace of reality left in our dreary lives. No, I take that back. Virtual projections of what lies within our over-active brains takes the place of imagination and dead images right in front of our very eyes.
The haze lifts up to my modest apartment window on the thirty-seventh floor, or are those heat sizzles? Continued carbon dioxide and monoxide emissions over the decades have destroyed nearly all of the landscape. Without breaking my gaze hundreds of feet below, the teleconference screen draws itself back up into my ceiling. Google has next focused its attention to taking over the world of journalism, compiling online updates into hourly stories, which fly to the forefront of our internal news conference sections.


0 comments:
Post a Comment