BOOK CLUB BLOGS (Take 2)


Ok, it's a new year (almost). And I have my Sony eReader. So if you guys actually want to start that book club up, a year later.... let's do it!!

If you weren't in the original group and want to join in, leave a comment here. And if you were originally interested, comment on which book you'd like to start with! I guess we could switch off and have someone different pick the book each month.

But here are some choices for books I currently have that I'd like to read:

-The Plot Against America, Philip Roth
-The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America, Erik Larson
-The World According to Garp, John Irving

-The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas
-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button & Other Short Stories, F. Scott Fitzgerald
-Tender is the Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald

If you'd like to join me/us, let's set a deadline of finishing a book by Jan. 31. On the first day of February, let's post our thoughts/ideas/likes/dislikes/literary elements, etc. I guess if people are actually on board with this, we can make up topics or reading guides to post about along the way!

Progress updates would also be neat, talking about how much you've read or where you're at/would like to be.

I'm pretty excited about this, so I hope you guys all want back in :)

1 comments:

Michelle December 10, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

So I would totally be down to join this for real this time, and my vote is for devil in the white city. that book has been on my to-be-read pile for ages. we can use the goodreads site for a forum to discuss if its easier than the blog too :-)