Finally doing this!

Alright, as decided executively by Michelle and I, our little (and I do mean little) "book club" is going to kick things off by reading The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America, by Erik Larson.

As for the rules again:

-You have until Jan. 31 to finish this bad boy
-On Feb. 1 post about your journey reading this book on your own blog
-Anytime the mood strikes you (or the book does, I should say) blog about it
-Come up with themes/ideas/questions/provocations that you've noticed or want the group to discuss and hopefully we'll all discuss them
-I'll put threads and discussions up here as people start talking about them
-Finally: ENJOY :)

If you'd like to join, as I said before, just leave a comment here and I'll try to get a list of people involved. So go ahead, try something new.

Talk to you all about it along the way!

2 comments:

Michelle December 11, 2009 at 1:10 AM  

well, i guess now i need to actually buy the book instead of just looking at it every time im in the bookstore :-)

Michelle December 11, 2009 at 3:56 AM  

p.s. have you heard of "sin in the second city?" its another non-fiction book set in chicago with some crazy stuff. look into it and maybe we can read it one of these days :-)