Inspiration to write

My sister came across this ad in the local newspaper:

Submit your best romantic story of you and your valentine in 500 words or less with a picture.

Well, I've never really had an actual Valentine's Day celebration before what with the working nights, being in class, or being single. So guess what.... creative writing here I come! At least something's forcing me to write here. Maybe I'll get back into free writing topics and contests to force me to write, in addition to my 70 hour work week and avid desire to finish at least one book a month, ha.

Oh well, when I return from our LA b-ball road trip, I'm all over this. If I win, I'll give you guys the winnings, Mom and Aimee (except for the $50 in chocolate). And hey, most of the well-known American writers got their start writing short stories in newspapers and magazines. Add my name to that list?

...Too soon...?

Happy (paper) trails!

1 comments:

Hope Chella June 14, 2010 at 3:48 AM  

I love this photo of the Eiffel Tower :)